With Fourth of July weekend coming up fast, we decided to skip the partying crowds of NYC and take some time to relax by the water. All we need are the girls, some wine, and a towel laid out under the sun. Well, that’s almost all we need. Here are 5 essentials we’re tossing in our bag for the beach weekend.
- Sunscreen! Don’t worry – last weekend with SPF 15 & 30, we still got our tan on and came out golden. But we always bring along the sunscreen to keep our skin safe and avoid a wrinkly future. Check out Vogue’s recommendations for alternatives to the thick drugstore brands and Allure has some tips on how to wear it like a beauty editor.
- Wine, of course. The all-American beer isn't our style, but we're testing out these American-made wines in honor of our country's 240th birthday.
- A great beach read. Between naps and quick dips in the water, beach time is the perfect time to get started on our reading list. We picked out a couple of our favorites here and we're loving the choices on Bustle's reading list.
- The perfect pair of shades. We've been bored of the same-old sunglasses. Lately, we've been trying out some new shapes. We're loving the options on Elle's sunglasses guide.
- The RECLINER Kimono. It's great as a coverup for the beach, for chilling with the early morning coffee, and for the dash from the outdoor shower back inside. Plus, it's rolls up so nice and easy, we just have to take it along. Luckily, the RECLINER Kimono also comes with a big resealable plastic bag that holds everything we need, from the toothpaste to the razor to the emergency Advil. All zipped up and ready to go.
Pack up, chill out, and don't forget to watch the sparks fly.